FOSSIL POWER INSPECTION SERVICES
MISTRAS Services has provided traditional NDT
services to the Fossil Power Industry for over 40 years. These services have been provided in support of new plant construction, maintenance outages and during major component replacement projects.
All of our Fossil Power Services are designed to increase productivity by leveraging our unique services approach with our manufacturing and research capabilities in order to deliver the optimum inspection solution. The blending of our traditional and advanced technologies allows our utility clients to optimize their inspection dollars with reliable, repeatable and accurate inspection techniques. Many inspection methodologies have been developed in conjunction with the Electric Power Research Institute and replace more costly out of service inspections. These techniques help reduce downtime, minimize the cost of internal entry, extend component life and reduce costs by enabling the planned replacement of components as they reach their retirement limits.
A few of our unique approaches include:
- ACTMS™ On-line Stator Vane Crack Detection System
- Remote Flow Accelerated Corrosion inspection
- Pocket UT FAC inspection for inaccessible and hard to access areas
- Tube Scan internal ultrasonic tube inspection
- Transformer monitoring using Pocket AE, Source location and remaining life assessment
- Boiler Tube Digital Radiography identifying Corrosion Fatigue Cracking
- Automated Ultrasonic inspection in lieu of radiography for ASME Code case weld inspection
Contact an expert at MISTRAS Services to help you solve your fossil power inspection problems.